Strengthen our financial and operational performance through best practices, innovation and continuous improvement.
Establish a strong and active membership base.
Create a reputation of respectful, positive presence with community, regional and statewide partners.
Develop a flexible business model to be able to adjust to changing business and community needs.
- Convene as necessary, task forces to deal with issues as it relates to bylaws, director nominations, personnel or any governance-related issues.
- Conduct orientations for new and existing board members as appropriate.
- Have equal board representation of corporate and small business representation
- Follow guidelines set in Huntersville Connection (d/b/a Huntersville Chamber of Commerce) 501 (c) 6 charter
- Develop and expand implementation of the tiered dues schedule, with growth of membership base.
- Continue to grow the Chamber’s non-dues revenue through annual sponsorship packages, website and social media promotions and event participation
- Provide value-based membership structure for small businesses to grow and for larger businesses to gain exposure.
Develop a Strategic/Visioning process to assist with short and long-term planning.
Short-term planning (2016) includes:
- Membership enhancement and growth
- Calendarization of first year events, including
- How to improve customer interactions/relations
- How to survive area road construction projects and make your business thrive
- Town of Huntersville Planning Department question and answer session
- Creative advertising for small businesses
- Financial advice by our own members (roundtable)
- Destination events and how your business can pull in a crowd
- Update on I-77 construction issues
- Health and well-being for you and your employees
- Internet advertising and outreach
- Update on State issues that affect businesses
- Schedule of monthly meetings at varying locations
- Opportunities for non-dues fundraising
- Unique options for business openings
- Educational opportunities for area issues relating to business success
- Develop relationship with area schools
- Encourage future customer base
- Initiate future Chamber leaders
- Coordinate Destination Success program for area students
- Support hiring local
- Develop volunteer network
- Assist with fundraising opportunities, two way street!
- Provide advocacy on behalf of membership to appropriate agencies